Honey For Sinus Problems
In a study conducted by Times of India, it was revealed that 1 out 8 Indians are hit by chronic sinusitis or sinus. Sinus is the inflammation of the nasal cavaties and the air spaces around the area of the nose and eyes. Sinus is caused due to a virus and the infection can sustain even if the upper respiratory symptoms are over. There are many cases that shows sinus has plagued many individuals since they were kids. Also, several cases have been reported where honey was consumed for about a year which helped in curing acute sinus problems. Moreover, it was found that the rate at which honey killed the bacteria was way higher than other prescribed drugs.
Why Use Honey for Sinus Issues?
What are the main causes of sinus? Some of them are - bad food quality, constant exposure to toxic chemicals in the form of pollution and increased stress levels due to haywire lifestyle puts you at greater risk for developing sinus. Therefore, it is imperative to maintain a strong immune system to create an inhospitable environment for the bacteria to multiply and grow bacterial can help in the prevention of sinus infections. Prevention is better than cure. Everyday consumption of honey helps you keep sinus infection at bay. The benefits of honey are many and it has proved to be effective in various kinds of nose and throat infections, including sore throats. Biofilms are microorganisms that forms a protective layer in sinus cavities and can lead to chronic infections. Further, in a study it was proved that honey kills around 70-90 percent of the bacteria and biofilms, whereas the antibiotics were only 18 percent effective. Thus, honey for sinus is an effective and cheap preventive measure as well as a cure.
What are the Benefits of Honey for Sinus Problems?
- Honey is antibacterial, antiviral and antiseptic too. It kills the bacteria responsible for causing sinus issues.
- Honey reduces inflammation.
- Honey fights all the bacteria in the throat to relieve the throat from coughing and soreness.
- Honey helps in strengthening the immune system to fight against bacteria in the future so that it keeps sinusitis at bay.
How to Use Honey for Sinus Infection?
The following widely practiced sinus remedies with honey are easy to prepare as well inexpensive.
Garlic and Honey for Sinus Infection:
Garlic is a natural antibiotic and kills the bacteria that cause infection.
- Take 4-6 garlic cloves and remove the cover. Then, cut it into small and fine pieces.
- Mix the cloves with 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Before every meal, consume this mixture to find magical results.
You can also mix 1 teaspoon of honey with four finely crushed garlic cloves and few drops of olive oil. Use this mixture as a topping on bread.
Lemon and Honey for Sinus Infection
Lemon is a powerhouse of vitamin C, which acts to strengthen the immune system. In addition, lemon acts as a naturally anti-microbial agent.
- Take 1 tablespoon of raw honey.
- Take 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice.
- Mix both of these ingredients.
- Warm the concoction.
- Once done consume it to eradicate the mucus and prevent sinus.
- Take 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Take 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and approximately 8 ounces of lukewarm water.
- Mix all of these ingredients. Stir it properly.
- Drink thrice a day to soothe your nasal cavities and get relief from sinus infection.
- You can add 3 grounded garlic cloves and add it to the mixture for extra relief.
Grab a bottle of Dabur Honey today!